About the Grains Market Access Council
Grains Australia will establish the Grains Market Access Council to enable a strategic approach to trade and market access (T&MA) matters, to ensure efficient coordination of whole-of-industry responses to T&MA objectives and priorities, and to provide a consistent and communicative approach to key stakeholders. The Grains Market Access Council will work closely with relevant groups and structures to ensure a whole-of-industry perspective is reflected in the development of strategic approaches to T&MA priorities.
The purpose of the Grains Market Access Council is to provide advice to the Board to assist it in determining strategic trade and market access objectives and associated activities, to create outcomes that are of value to the Australian grains industry. The Grains Market Access Council is responsible for:
- Considering and evaluating strategic priorities identified by the Executive on T&MA matters, including but not limited to:
- maximum residue limits
- SPS matters
- free trade agreements
- maintenance and/or improvement of access to current markets
- new market access priorities
- Strategic engagement with overseas partner agencies
- Providing advice to the Grains Australia Board regarding T&MA strategic objectives and priorities;
- Supporting the delivery of advice and information through consultative committee structures to ensure approaches are developed with whole-of-industry and cross-commodity perspectives in mind;
- Ensuring appropriate data is gathered and analysed to ensure strategic decisions about trade and market access opportunities are evidence-based and the benefits of trade can be clearly evaluated and communicated to key stakeholders;
- Ensuring analysis of information to enable identification of long-term market trends and changing trade circumstances;
- Identifying any additional activities, opportunities or roles in relation to T&MA that align with Grains Australia’s purpose;
- Establishing clear processes for flow of information and communication across industry, to enable a coordinated and whole-of-industry response to T&MA matters;
- Assisting Grains Australia in achieving desired industry good outcomes; and
- Liaising with the wider industry on any relevant issues raised, as required by the Council Chair at the direction of the Executive and Board.
Members of the Grains Market Access Council will be eligible to be paid a sitting fee and reimbursed for reasonable expenses incurred at meetings. The rate of remuneration will be determined by the Board of Grains Australia Limited, in accordance with rates provided by Australian Government Remuneration Tribunal for Remuneration and Allowances for Holders of Part-time Public Office.
Please see Grains Market Access Council Terms of Reference for more information.
Grains Market Access Council Expressions of Interest
Grains Australia is calling for Expressions of Interest (EOIs) from people with skills and experience across the grains industry, particularly in the areas of public policy, trade, production, supply chain optimisation, market development and/or customer engagement. Please fill out the form below outlining your responses to the selection criteria by 5pm (AWST) Friday 14 April 2023.
For any questions or enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
All expressions of interest will be provided to a Selection Panel, established to consider the membership of the Grains Market Access Council.
The Selection Panel will be looking to appoint individuals based on their skills and experience; their diversity in terms of gender, background, supply chain knowledge and geography; and of course, on the basis that they have a deep understanding of trade and market access matters for the Australian grain industry. Appointed Grains Market Access Council members will collectively address the required criteria.
EOI Market Access Council
"*" indicates required fields