Grains Australia is pleased to announce the appointment of Victorian grain grower Simon Tickner to the Barley Council. Simon joins 11 other industry representatives on the Council who are responsible for providing advice to the Board on behalf of the Australian barley industry.
Simon joins the Barley Council as a grower representative from Victoria and brings extensive industry experience to the role. Simon is currently the Chair of the South East Australian Barley Advisory Council (SEABAC), a board member of Grain Trade Australia (GTA), and a grain grower with more than 25 years of experience.
Simon is a producer of sustainable cereals, legumes, oilseeds and fodder and has a strong focus on supply chain and end user requirements integrating storage, logistics and marketing. He also has expertise in collaboratively developing renewable energy projects in farming regions and broad national and international agricultural industry connections .
Barley Council Chair Drew Robertson welcomed Simon’s appointment and said, “We are very pleased that Simon has been appointed to become a member of the Barley Council. His experience as a grower and as a long-standing industry leader will be invaluable to our ability to provide effective advice to Grains Australia.”
Simon is joining 11 members of the new Barley Council who were appointed when the merger of Barley Australia and Grains Australia was completed in May this year.
Grains Australia Barley Council members include:
- Chair, Drew Robertson – Barley Trading Manager, CBH Group
- Amanda Box – Barley Breeder, SECOBRA Recherches
- Mark Goldsmith – Group Senior Manager Raw Material Development, Carlton & United Breweries
- Jack King – Barley and Oats Program Manager, Australian Export Grains Innovation Centre (AEGIC)
- Haydn Kuchel – Chief Executive Officer, Australian Grain Technologies
- Luke O’Connor – Barley Trader, GrainCorp Limited
- Trevor Perryman – Managing Director, Malteurop – Australia and New Zealand
- Paul Rigoni – General Manager Operations, Barrett Burston Maltings
- Simon Robertson – Regional Merchandising Manager, Boortmalt
- Jeff Stewart – Senior Technical Brewer, Lion Co
- Simon Tickner – Farmer, Yellow Grain Australia
- Tresslyn Walmsley – Chief Executive Officer, Intergrain